For couples, just about any cruise lends itself to romance; what’s more romantic than a cozy stateroom on a ship where all the cooking and cleaning is done for you? Really, all you need to do is hold hands in side-by-side deck chairs while the sunsets. Or, take an after-dinner stroll to watch the moon dancing on the water. Just thinking about it makes us want to board a ship with someone we love.
While cruises are romantic by nature, you can amp up the passion with your choice of destination. Here are some that we think are among the most romantic you can choose.
· Hawaii. It’s simply one of the most beautiful places on Earth, a postcard-perfect, beachy haven for couples. Love is everywhere in the islands, and a cruise lets you visit more than one.
· Paris. Cruise the River Seine to the City of Light, where l’amour blooms. Many river cruises that call on Paris also sail in Burgundy and Provence, which are romantic, too.
· French Polynesia. The lush tropical beauty and clear blue water of islands like Tahiti and Bora Bora make this region perfect for couples seeking to fall in love all over again.
· Greek Isles. Whitewashed buildings with blue-painted roofs and white sand beaches along turquoise water make the Greek Isles a first-class romantic cruise destination.
· Bermuda. The pink sand beaches are a favorite for couples because of its exotic nature. Add in an excursion to Paget Marsh Nature Reserve to stroll Lover’s Lane, a serene trail through a cedar forest.
· Dubrovnik. Croatia’s “Pearl of the Adriatic” features a lovely Old Town where you can stroll together under the moonlight. You might also visit the romantic, watery city of Venice on the same cruise.
· Capri. There are lots of ports where one can discover romance during a cruise of Italy’s western coast (Rome, anyone?), but this island stands out with its dramatic beauty. For some quiet time, hire a private boat for a few hours.
· Cabo San Lucas. Lover’s Beach, reachable only by water, is positioned where the Pacific meets the Sea of Cortez and sheltered by Cabo’s famous stone arch.
· Belize. A stop on many Western Caribbean cruises, Belize offers adventurous excursions. Go snorkeling, diving, ziplining, or cave tubing – hand-in-hand, of course.
If you don’t see something you like on our list, Anita, your professional travel advisor will have more romantic cruise destination ideas for you.
Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AtthetaTravel