Experienced cruisers may find it hard to believe, but this is a real objection travel agents hear from people who have never taken a cruise: “I’m afraid I’ll be bored.” Some people think there’s not much to do on a cruise ship. Once they take a cruise, they know: cruise ships are very well equipped with amenities and activities that invite you be as busy as you like.
In fact, it can take a whole day just to explore the amenities of a ship: pools and hot tubs, sports decks, fitness centers, shops, spas, lounges, internet cafes, libraries, theaters and more. Some larger ships combine all that with incredible features like water parks, ropes courses, observation pods, skating rinks and bowling alleys.
Here are just a few of the things you can do to keep boredom at bay while you’re on board.
· Take an exercise class in the ship’s fitness center (exercise is always more fun in a group).
· Indulge in some personal pampering with a spa treatment; cruise ship spas are first-rate.
· Expand your knowledge; many ships bring experts on board to provide insight into the history and culture of the region you’re cruising.
· Take a behind-the-scenes tour to find out just how a cruise ship (which is akin to a floating city) really works.
· Join in deck games or tournaments (check your ship’s daily bulletin).
· See a show, which may be anything from a sharp comedian to a full-scale, Broadway-style production.
· Try the specialty restaurants: on larger ships, you’ll have a choice of cuisines for a memorable foodie experience.
· Meet your fellow passengers; it’s easy to strike up a conversation around the pool or at dinner.
· If you really have a hard time finding something to do, introduce yourself to the cruise director, who will have plenty of ideas for you.
Of course, the opportunity to rest much and do little is the very reason some people take a cruise – they need a break from hectic, overscheduled lives. If you’re one of them, rest assured that none of the activities above are mandatory.
Talk with Anita, your Cruise Holidays personal cruise expert, about ships and itineraries that will give you the kind of amenities and activities you’re looking for on a cruise.
Find us and follow us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/AtthetaTravel